Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Soooooooo good.

Turning Mommy - Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Ok, I must admit I didn't really get smoothie bowls. I really was wondering why people wanted to spoon their smoothies...I mean if you are blending away a smoothie, the purpose is to drink it right? Furthermore, wouldn't it just be a fancy yogurt topped with stuff kind of deal??

So I abolished that stereotyping off smoothie bowls in my mind.

I was in the kitchen, using my handy dandy Ninja, creating a smoothie recipe. I decided to use the remaining Kefir I had in the fridge vs yogurt or milk this day. It turned out a bit thicker than a usual smoothie, which is ok. I thought I will just add some milk... then I thought, hmmm I'm going to give this bowl a shot.

Glad I did...

Rayna enjoyed it too. Caiden, well he drank it like a thick milkshake and didn't complain. But for us girls, we were being trendy.

So anyways, here it is...my first smoothie bowl. Well, if you are not into bowls just x-nay the toppings and drink, it's a darn good smoothie too.

Turning Mommy - Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Ingredients:

1 cup Kefir (strawberry or plain)
4 to 5 fresh strawberries
1 banana
1/4 cup chopped mangoes
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp flaxseed or hemp hearts
1 tsp chia seeds (topping)
1 tbsp granola (topping)
chopped fruit (topping)

What To Do:

Blend all ingredients well, except for toppings.
Place in a bowl and sprinkle toppings lovingly.

Take a picture and showcase you are not a smoothie bowl snob.

Turning Mommy - Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading turningmommy, I look forward to hearing from you.