Thursday, December 8, 2016

Holiday Must-Try Treat Recipes

Turning Mommy Holiday Treat Recipe Round-Up
Snickerdoodles by My Recipe Magic

I admittedly love eating at this time of year. I enjoy all the treats, the dinners and the appies, and beverages.

It's so fun to see creative creations. I often think about what I would serve up and, thanks to Pinterest, always getting inspired.  This year, I am a little more on the "homey" feeling, so instead of being fed...I may try my hand at a few of these delectable recipes I have found online. I tend to gravitate to the cookies, and what I loved growing up...shortbread, snickerdoodles, oatmeal chocolate chip...so naturally I looked for fun cookies and treats. 

Here is a perfect round-up of some must-try and doable, I might add, Holiday treat recipes.

These look amazing, over the holidays I love Peppermint Mochas...combine that into a cookie...talk about a win!
Sally's Baking Addiction Peppermint Mocha Cookies

Shortbread is like a Christmas cookie staple, and I love the zest of orange, so this is the perfect cookie to signify the holidays...for sure.

I grew up making and always trying snickerdoodles, ok, I also just loved saying it. I definitely want to be that mom that makes her kids snickerdoodles on the holidays. However, this recipe makes a chewy, soft version, which one has got to try.

These look too darn cute not to try, what a fantastic idea...the kids and adults will love them, 

Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups - Butter with a side of Bread
Hot Chocolate Cups from Butter with a Side of Bread

My sister always loved sugar cookies, she was the one to make the sugar cookies. She always stuck to the traditional, but I saw this chocolate recipe and thought, yes I may get her to make this one, or I will.

Ok, when I saw this, I thought, "hello...where have you been all my life?" This is a must-try to stick with the holiday theme. 
Holiday egg nog cookie recipe by cooking classy
Egg Nog Cookies from Cooking Classy

Ok, I admit I had to throw these in there because they are so darn cute, even through you are using pre-bought Oreos. My kids love Micky and Minnie Mouse right now, so I thought it was a fabulous idea and it has to be around this year on the treat tray.

Micky Minnie Mouse Christmas cookies by Living Locurto

I love chocolate, I love peanut butter, I love the two combined. I love this simple treat and this recipe is awesome. I have also tried it with dark chocolate and natural peanut butter and it's still amazing.
Peanut Butter Balls chocolate with grace
Buckeyes from Chocolate with Grace

So that does it for treats this holiday season, or this round-up at least. Enjoy your hand at these tasty treats, that I'm sure everyone will love.  

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous round-up of treats! I have a sweet tooth, so these are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, I think you will enjoy them...these are pretty good recipes I agree.

      Delete

Thank you for reading turningmommy, I look forward to hearing from you.