Monday, September 12, 2016

Easy-Peasy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are a remix of some ideas I  have been seeing floating around. As always I do some trial and error and come up with my own.

I am always into making really great snacks for the kids that are healthy but they will enjoy. However, these cookies could also double up as a breakfast addition.

It's easy, fast and only requires 3 ingredients!!

Yes you heard right.

Give it a go people!

Ingredients:
2 bananas
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or raisins or craisins or dried fruit)

Steps:
Cut up the bananas and mash it up good. If you choose, add the sugar and vanilla at this stage. I sometimes add it, I sometimes don't, but it does enhance the taste a tad and also makes for mashing the bananas a bit easier.

Mix in the rolled oats, mix well.

Add chocolate chips and mix.

On a greased cookie sheet, scoop out the mixture in small balls. Pat it slighty to shape as small pucks (it is ok if not all uniform).

Bake at 350°F for about 20 min.

Cool.

Enjoy.

Turning mommy: 3 ingredient oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

2 comments:

  1. We have a similar recipes we like to make. I say the few ingredients the better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and it's easy for the kids to help! I will check out some of your recipes too, I'm always open to more ideas :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading turningmommy, I look forward to hearing from you.